The Bucks County Horse Park is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation and relies heavily on volunteers. The Park’s loyal band of volunteers come primarily from 4 sources: Park members, educational groups (such as 4H and Pony Club), friends, local residents and family, and youth groups and students.
- Volunteer Information Duties Last updated: 04/22/2016
- Volunteer Sign-Up Calendar Last updated: 03/07/2017
- Volunteer Opportunity Table Last updated: 04/22/2016
Park Memberswho volunteer regularly receive both 10% off their membership and receive BCHP Bucks redeemable at the Park.
Educational Groups such as 4H and Pony Club membersreceive heavily discounted memberships and gain valuable experience in all aspects of equestrian events.
Friends, local residents, and family membersenjoy the day at the Park in beautiful surroundings, watching the horses and making new friends with similar interests.
Youth Groups and High School Studentshelp in many ways as they fulfill their volunteer or community service commitment. Many have carried out projects here which have included advertising, painting jumps, decorating courses, marking trails, etc.
Whatever your skills or interests we can use your help!!
The Park runs over fifty events annually. These events require an enormous volunteer base in order to run efficiently. There are a variety of competitions to choose from, e.g. horse trials, dressage, driving, various trail competitions, and english and western shows. No experience necessary - we love to train!!
Volunteer opportunities at Horse Events include:
- Ring stewards, Gate keepers, jump crews
- Dressage scribes
- Judges for cross country fences or obstacles at a driving event
- Announcers and Hospitality
- Scoring and Registration
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Bring your energy, skills, muscle, and creativity! These opportunities can be done at any time with prior arrangement:
- Landscaping and planting (drop off any unwanted plants or bulbs here or come and help plant them)
- Painting signs and jump buildings
- Jump building and design
- Decorating and building courses
- Marketing and Advertising
If you are interested please contact us or drop in the office for more information.
September 25, 2016 ~ Landowner and Volunteer Appreciation Party in the Park Pavilion.
The Board of Trustees and Managers would like to honor the hard work of all the Park Volunteers and thank the landowners adjacent to the Park. They would also like to extent their welcome to those interested in learning more about volunteering opportunities and benefits at the Park.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Meet New People
- Learn new disciplines
- Enjoy a day in the Park
- 10% Discount Membership (8 hour minimum requirement)
- BCHP Bucks (can be used on schooling show entries and Memberships)
The top Volunteer and the Special Junior Volunteer are honored awarded prizes at the Year End Award Banquet.
A special thank you to all the Park Volunteers we couldn’t manage these events without you.