Thursday Morning Horse Show
The Thursday Morning Horse Show Series is a long established tradition at the Bucks County Horse Park. Continuously running for almost 30 years, our philosophy is to provide exhibitors a fun schooling atmosphere while introducing the rules and procedures of more formal shows. This show series culminates at the Annual Banquet held in November, where Year End Award recipients are honored.
Many volunteers are always needed; this is a great way to learn more about hunters and jumpers. All ages, no experience necessary and great perks! Call the office for more information.
Thursday Morning Horse Show Series 2017Results
|Date||Hunter Ring||Jumper Ring||Children’s Ring||Prize List||Results|
Our Hunter Ring will start at 8 am with the four 18” cross rail divisions. This is a change from last year’s schedule implemented in response to competitor feed-back. The Pleasure Division will follow no earlier than 10 am. The ring will be watered and dragged each week at the division break closest to 11:30 am.
Certain divisions qualify for the Colonial Classic Horse Show to be held September 3-4, 2016, at the Harrisburg Farm Show Complex. Riders may qualify for this show by participating in designated TMHS classes between May 29, 2016, and August 11, 2016. Look for the Colonial Classic logo in the TMHS prizelist to see which divisions qualify!
Marshall and Sterling League classes are also offered. The M&S Finals will be held September 14-18, 2016, at HITS-on-the-Hudson, Saugerties, NY. TMHS offers the Bit O’ Straw Hunter Classic at 2’6”, the M&S Adult Medal and M&S Children’s Medal at 2’6”, and the Dover Saddlery Adult Medal and Sore No-More Children’s Medal at 3’. The M&S Children’s Large Pony Medal at 2’6” may be offered. Three riders must compete to fill a class; non-members may compete. Only those riders currently members of M&S will have points count. Classes may be combined.
The Jumper Ring will start no earlier than 8:30 am with the Itty Bitty division; Level I jumpers will start not before 11 am. Once again, TMHS will offer five Jumper divisions. Riders in Level I and Level II will ride three separate courses. Itty Bitty, Low Schooling, and Level O repeat the 1st course at greater height. Electronic timers will be used when possible. All courses become slightly more challenging as the show series continues, allowing horse and riders to progress throughout the season.
The Upper Ring will host five divisions this year and will begin at 12 pm. Leadline will start the day to afford the young children a definite ride time. Mini Stirrup, Lesson Mount and our beloved 1st/2nd Year Beginners make up the short day. This ring will be available for Jumper warm up prior to 11:30 am.
Year-End Awards are awarded to registered competitors who have competed at 6 Thursday Morning Horse Shows. Bucks County Horse Park members are automatically enrolled, non-members must sign up and pay a registration fee. The May 29th TMHS Prevue show's points are included for riders however, this show does not count as an attendance fulfillment.
TMHS Points Information
- Competitors must attend 6 shows of TMHS to qualify for Year End Points in a division.
- Competitors who are BCHP members are enrolled in the Year End Award program automatically.
- Non-BCHP members need to enroll in the Year End Awards program and submit an administration fee.
- Year End Points in Hunter Divisions are accumulated by the Horse.
- Year End Points for Equitation, 1st and 2nd Year Beginners and Leadline Divisions are accumulated by the Rider.
- Year End Points for Jumpers are accumulated by each Rider and Horse Combination. Jumper Competitors can choose to enroll in Year-End Awards in all divisions but will not be eligible for weekly payouts. There are no payouts for Itty Bitty division, only Year-End Awards. If you enroll in the Year-End Awards program, you cannot start to receive payouts during the series unless you compete in a different division than you qualified for a Year-End Award.